- To be a think tank for governance & policy reforms, cutting across administrative, social, economic and financial spheres;
- To function as a national repository on information on best practices, initiatives and methodologies that promote Good Governance, e-Governance, innovation & change management within the government;
- To initiate and participate in action research and capacity building on various aspects of regulatory and development administration, public policy, governance and public management at National/State & local levels;
- To advise on key issues in governance and develop synergy across various Ministries/ Departments of GoI, and State Governments;
- To promote sharing and replication of innovative ideas and best practices in Governance;
- To interact with national and international organizations, in and outside government, engaged in research and capacity building in the above spheres;
- To engage in provision of consultancy services in and outside the country.